Preserving Work Requirements for Welfare Programs Act of 2013
Rule Hearing Information:
Meeting Time: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM in H-313 The Capitol
Amendment Process: Deadline on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM
For more on this hearing, click here.
- Text of H.R. 890 — Preserving Work Requirements for Welfare Programs Act of 2013 [PDF][XML]
:: Text of Rules Committee Print 113-3 (showing the text of H.R. 890 as ordered reported
by the Committee on Ways and Means and H.R. 987 as introduced) [PDF][XML]
- Text of H. Rept. 113-13—Report from the Committee on Ways and Means [PDF]
- Hearing Documents:
:: Rule [PDF]
:: H. Res. 107 [PDF][XML]
:: H. Rept. 113-15 [PDF][XML]
Last Updated: 03/12/2013 at 4:56 PM
|#1||Version 1||Bilirakis (FL)||Republican||Prevents payment of unemployment compensation to individuals discharged for drug or alcohol use.||Submitted|
|#2||Version 1||Lee, Barbara (CA), Chu (CA), Cleaver (MO), Grijalva, Raul (AZ)||Democrat||Restores the TANF Emergency Contingency Fund to further support our Nation's jobless workers.||Submitted|
|#3||Version 1||Pearce (NM)||Republican||Requires states to test TANF recipients and applicants for illegal drug use.||Withdrawn|
|#4||Version 1||Pierluisi (PR), Christensen (VI), Bordallo (GU), Faleomavaega (AS)||Democrat||Amends the Social Security Act to improve the treatment of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program by making these territories eligible for the TANF Contingency Fund and Child Care Entitlement Funds, which are made available under current law exclusively to the 50 States and the District of Columbia.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 890
REPORTED BY RECORD VOTE of 7-4 on Tuesday, March 12, 2013
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 107:
ADOPTED by record vote of 233-194, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 233-195, on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Ways and Means.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of Rules Committee Print 113-3 shall be considered as adopted and the bill, as amended, shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill, as amended.
6. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.