Government Shutdown Prevention Act of 2011
To watch this hearing, click here.
For more information on the hearing, click here.
|#1||Version 1||Moran, James (VA)||Democrat||Unlike federal employees, Members of Congress and the President would receive their pay during a shutdown. This amendment would prohibit Members of Congress and the President from receiving their pay in the event of a government shutdown.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 1255
REPORTED BY A RECORD VOTE of 6-3 on Thursday, March 31, 2011.
FLOOR ACTION ON H.RES. 194:
Adopted by record vote of 229-187, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 230-187, after agreeing to consider the resolution by record vote of 219-172, on Friday, April 1, 2011.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the Majority Leader and Minority Leader or their respective designees.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that the bill shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill.
6. Provides one motion to recommit.