Protect Life Act
Rule Hearing Information:
To watch this hearing, click here.
For more on the hearing, click here.
Amendments were not filed with the Committee on Rules.
Rule Information for H.R. 358
REPORTED BY RECORD VOTE of 5-2 on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
FLOOR ACTION ON H.RES. 430:
Adopted by record vote of 248-173 on Thursday, October 13, 2011.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Energy and Commerce.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that the amendment in the nature of a substitute recommended by the Committee on Energy and Commerce now printed in the bill shall be considered as adopted, and the bill, as amended, shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill, as amended.
6. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.