[Conference Report] National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
Rule Hearing Information:
For more on this hearing, click here.
- Text of Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 1540, H. Rept. 112-329 — National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 [PDF][XML]
NOTE: The Division D funding tables are not supported by the XML file; these tables appear
in the PDF version only.
- Text of Conference Report, as printed in the Congressional Record dated
December 12, 2011. [PDF]
- Text of the Joint Statement of Managers [PDF][DOC]
- Conference Report Highlights
- Hearing Documents:
:: Rule [PDF]
:: H. Res. 493 [PDF][XML]
:: H. Rept. 112-330 [PDF][XML]
Amendments were not filed with the Committee on Rules.
Rule Information for H.R. 1540 [Conference Report]:
REPORTED BY RECORD VOTE of 8-4 on Tuesday, December 13, 2011.
FLOOR ACTION ON H.RES. 493:
Adopted by record vote of 245-169, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 235-173, on Wednesday, December 14, 2011.
1. Waives all points of order against the conference report and against its consideration.
2. Provides that the conference report shall be considered as read.
3. Provides that the previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervention of any motion except one hour of debate and one motion to recommit if applicable.
4. Debate on the conference report is divided pursuant to clause 8(d) of rule XXII.
5. Section 2 provides that it shall be in order at any time through the remainder of the first session of the 112th Congress for the Speaker to entertain motions that the House suspend the rules, as though under clause 1(c) of rule XV, if the text of the measure proposed in a motion is made available on the calendar day before consideration.
6. Section 3 provides that on any legislative day of the first session of the 112th Congress after December 16, 2011: (1) the Journal of the proceedings of the previous day shall be considered as approved; (2) the Chair may at any time declare the House adjourned to meet at a date and time, within the limits of clause 4, section 5, article I of the Constitution, to be announced by the Chair in declaring the adjournment; and (3) bills and resolutions introduced during the period addressed by this section shall be numbered, listed in the Congressional Record, and when printed shall bear the date of introduction, but may be referred by the Speaker at a later time.
7. Section 4 provides that on any legislative day of the second session of the 112th Congress before January 17, 2012: (1) the Speaker may dispense with organizational and legislative business; (2) the Journal of the proceedings of the previous day shall be considered as approved if applicable; and (3) the Chair at any time may declare the House adjourned to meet at a date and time, within the limits of clause 4, section 5, article I of the Constitution, to be announced by the Chair in declaring the adjournment.
8. Section 5 authorizes the Speaker to appoint Members to perform the duties of the Chair for the duration of the period addressed by sections 3 and 4 as though under clause 8(a) of rule I.