Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2012
Rule Hearing Information:
For more on this hearing, click here.
Last Updated: 03/28/2012 at 5:30 PM
|#1||Version 1||Rahall (WV), DeFazio (OR), Brown, Corrine (FL), Bishop, Tim (NY)||Democrat||SUBSTITUTE SUBSTITUTE. Would provide a total of $109 billion in funding for FY 2012 and FY 2013 for reformed and restructured Federal highway, highway safety, and public transportation programs. Would offset the highway, transit, and highway safety programs authorized by the bill in FY 2012 and 2013, and allows the USDOT to maintain a positive balance in both the highway and transit accounts of the Trust Fund at the end of the bill.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 4281
REPORTED BY record vote of 7-4 on Wednesday, March 28, 2012.
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 600:
Adopted by voice vote, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 237-178, on Thursday, March 29, 2012.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that the bill shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill.
6. Provides one motion to recommit.
7. Waives clause 6(a) of rule XIII, requiring a two-thirds vote to consider a report from the Committee on Rules on the same day it is reported to the House, against any resolution reported on the legislative day of March 29, 2012, providing for consideration or disposition of a measure extending expiring surface transportation authority.