Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act of 2012
Rule Hearing Information:
For more on this hearing, click here.
Text of H.R. 5652 — Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act of 2012
(Rules Committee Print 112-21) [PDF]
:: Rules Committee Print 112-21 makes the following modifications to H.R. 5652,
the Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act of 2012, as ordered reported by
the Committee on the Budget:
1) Strikes subtitle C of Title II (Energy and Commerce — Medical Liability Reform),
but retains Title IV (Judiciary – Medical Liability Reform)
2) Makes modifications to Title V to ensure that all savings from the
Reconciliation Recommendations of the House Committee on Oversight and
Government Reform reconciliation bill are used to reduce the deficit
3) Adds the text of H.R. 4966, the Sequester Replacement Act of 2012, as ordered
reported, to the end of the bill
:: CBO Cost Estimate for Rules Committee Print version of H.R. 5652 [PDF]
Last Updated: 05/09/2012 at 7:10 PM
|#3||Version 1||Garamendi (CA)||Democrat||Would require FEMA and USDA to conduct a study on the impacts of the National Flood Insurance Program on small agriculture communities with special flood hazard designations.||Submitted|
|#1||Version 1||Honda (CA), Ellison (MN), Grijalva, Raul (AZ)||Democrat||SUBSTITUTE Congressional Progressive Caucus Substitute. Would replace the Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act of 2012 with alternative deficit reduction proposals including: adoption of the "Buffett Rule," repeal of the unneeded corporate tax expenditure, and closing loopholes that allow businesses to dodge their true tax liability.||Submitted|
|#2||Version 1||Van Hollen, Chris (MD)||Democrat||SUBSTITUTE Would replace the entire sequester for 2013 – which would cause deep cuts to important domestic priorities and defense, and even cut Medicare -- with savings from specific policies that reflect a balanced approach to deficit reduction. Would protect our most vulnerable citizens, asks those earning over $1 million per year to contribute more, eliminates Agriculture direct payments, and cuts subsidies for Big Oil. Would also reform the flood insurance program.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 5652
REPORTED BY RECORD VOTE of 8-3 on Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 648:
Adopted by record vote of 233-183, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 237-177, on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides two hours of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on the Budget.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides than an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of Rules Committee Print 112-21 shall be considered as adopted and the bill, as amended, shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill, as amended.
6. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.