Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011
Rule Hearing Information:
Meeting Time: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM in H-313 The Capitol
For more on this hearing, click here.
- Text of H.R. 436 — Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 [Rules Committee
Print 112-23] [PDF]
:: Section-by-Section analysis [PDF]
:: CBO score of Rules Committee Print 112-23 of H.R. 436 [PDF]
- Text of H. Rept. 112-514 — Report from the Committee on Ways and Means [PDF][XML]
- Hearing Documents:
:: Rule [PDF]
:: H. Res. 679 [PDF][XML]
:: H. Rept. 112-518 [PDF][XML]
Last Updated: 06/06/2012 at 1:00 PM
|#1||Version 1||Levin, Sander (MI)||Democrat||SUBSTITUTE Would substitute the language of the bill for (1) a 10 percent payroll tax credit for employers that hire new workers or increase existing worker wages; and (2) an extension of bonus depreciation for employers. The substitute is completely offset by limiting the section 199 domestic production deduction and the use of the last-in-first-out method of inventory accounting for major integrated oil companies.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 436 and
REPORTED BY RECORD VOTE of 8-3 on Wednesday, June 6, 2012.
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 679:
Adopted by record vote of 241-173, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 240-179, on Thurdsay, June 7, 2012.
1. Closed rule for H.R. 436.
2. Provides 90 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Ways and Means.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of the Rules Committee Print 112-23 shall be considered as adopted and the bill, as amended, shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill, as amended.
6. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.
7. Structured rules for H.R. 5882.
8. Provides one hour of general debate on the bill equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Appropriations.
9. Waives all points of order against consideration o the bill and provides that the bill shall be considered as read.
10. Waives all points or order against provisions in the bill for failure to comply with clause 2 of rule XXI.
11. Provides that the chair and ranking minority member or their designees may offer pro forma amendments for the purpose of debate at any time.
12. Makes in order only those amendments to H.R. 5882 printed in the Rules Committee report. Each such amendment may be offered only in the order printed in the report, may be offered only by a Member designated in the report, shall be considered as read, shall be debatable for the time specified in the report equally divided and controlled by the proponent and an opponent, shall not be subject to amendment, and shall not be subject to a demand for division of the question.
13. Waives all points of order against the amendments printed in the report.
14. Provides one motion to recommit with or with our instructions.