Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal Act of 2012
Rule Hearing Information:
For more on this hearing, click here.
- Text of H.R. 6156 — Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal Act of 2012 [Rules Committee Print 112-33, showing the text of the bill as reported by the Committee on Ways and Means and H.R. 4405 with modifications] [PDF][XML]
:: Text of H.R. 6156 (as reported in House) [PDF][XML]
- Text of H. Rept. 112-632 — Report from the Committee on Ways and Means
- Hearing Documents:
:: Rule [PDF]
:: H. Res. 808 [PDF][XML]
:: H. Rept. 112-693 [PDF][XML]
Amendments were not filed with the Committee on Rules.
Rule Information for H.R. 6156
REPORTED BY VOICE VOTE on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 808:
Agreed by by record vote of 253-150, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 243-164, on Thursday, November 15, 2012.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides 90 minutes of debates, with 60 minutes equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Ways and Means and 30 minutes equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of Rules Committee Print 112-33 shall be considered as adopted, and the bill, as amended, shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points or order against provisions in the bill, as amended.
6. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.
7. Section 2 provides that on any legislative day during the period from November 19, 2012, through November 23, 2012: (a) the Journal of the proceedings of the previous day shall be considered as approved; (b) the Chair may adjourn the House to meet at a date and time within the limits of clause 4, section 5, article I of the Constitution; and (c) bills and resolutions introduced shall be numbered, listed in the Congressional Record, and when printed shall bear the date of introduction, but may be referred at a later time.
8. Section 3 authorizes the Speaker to appoint Members to perform the duties of the Chair for the duration of the period addressed by section 2.