Senate Amendments to the Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 (American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012)
Rule Hearing Information:
Meeting Time: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM in H-313 The Capitol
For more on this hearing, click here.
Last Updated: 01/01/2013 at 8:10 PM
|#1||Version 1||Fitzpatrick (PA), Hultgren (IL), Coffman (CO)||Republican||Would exempt small business pass-throughs from the underlying tax increase on income over $400,000 or $450,000. The individual claiming the exemption must be actively involved in the running of the business, and the business must have gross receipts of less than $5 million and employ at least one other person who is not a family member but no more than 250 employees.||Submitted|
Rule Information for Senate Amendments to H.R. 8
REPORTED BY VOICE VOTE on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
FLOOR ACTION ON H. RES. 844:
Agreed to by record vote of 408-10 on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
1. Provides for the consideration of the Senate amendments to H.R. 8.
2. Makes in order a motion offered by the chair of the Committee on Ways and Means or his designee that the House concur in the Senate amendments to H.R. 8.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the motion and the Senate amendments.
4. Provides that the Senate amendments and the motion shall be considered as read.
5. Provides one hour of debate on the motion equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Ways and Means.
6. Provides that the previous question shall be considered as ordered on the motion to its adoption without intervening motion or demand for division of the question.