RULE V - BROADCASTING THE HOUSE
1. The Speaker shall administer, direct, and control a system for closed-circuit viewing of floor proceedings of the House in the offices of all Members, Delegates, the Resident Commissioner, and committees and in such other places in the Capitol and the House Office Buildings as the Speaker considers appropriate. Such system may include other telecommunications functions as the Speaker considers appropriate. Any such telecommunications shall be subject to rules and regulations issued by the Speaker.
2. (a) The Speaker shall administer, direct, and control a system for complete and unedited audio and visual broadcasting and recording of the proceedings of the House. The Speaker shall provide for the distribution of such broadcasts and recordings to news media, for the storage of audio and video recordings of the proceedings, and for the closed-captioning of the proceedings for hearing-impaired persons.
(b) All television and radio broadcasting stations, networks, services, and systems (including cable systems) that are accredited to the House Radio and Television CorrespondentsÕ Galleries, and all radio and television correspondents who are so accredited, shall be provided access to the live coverage of the House.
(c) Coverage made available under this clause, including any recording thereof---
(1) may not be used for any political purpose;
(2) may not be used in any commercial advertisement; and
(3) may not be broadcast with commercial sponsorship except as part of a bona fide news program or public affairs documentary program.
3. The Speaker may delegate any of the responsibilities under this rule to such legislative entity as the Speaker considers appropriate.